Getting started in a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central can be challenging. Here are a few tips and tricks that can assist anyone who is relatively new in the application.
Filtering and saved views:
Often you have set a filter on a list and you might want the filter for later, in that case users can save it as a view. For more information about filtering lists.
To save a view
- Open any list page.
- Select filter at the top of the list or press Shift+F3 to open the filter pane.
- Set one or more new filters
- When the filters have been set, choose the icon. If you set a filter for a list view that is already saved as a view, the existing view will be updated when you save.
- If you're saving a new view, enter a name for the view in the All (Copy) box, such as "Items I own".
- Press the Enter key or move the cursor from the text box to accept the name. If you don't give it a name, it will be named All (Copy).
In the Fact Box on most cards and documents, you can attach files, add links, and write notes. For links and notes, you can also do this on the list page by first selecting the related line.
To view or change any of these attached information types, you must first open the Attachments tab in the Fact Box. The number behind the tab title indicates how many attached files, links, or notes exist for the card or document.
Attachments, links, and notes stay attached as the card or document is processed into other states, such as from an ongoing sales order to a posted sales invoice. However, none of the attachment types are output from the system, for example, when printing or when saving to a file.
Fact Box pane on the right top corner.
As you post documents on Business Central, they usually become historical data. As such, editing is not possible. However, you can edit any missed descriptions.
In Dynamics 365 Business Central, go to Chart of Accounts -> Checking Account -> Ledger Entries.
In this section, you will be able to view all the posted entries and if you click on the Edit List, you can edit the Description. You will also see that you cannot edit any other information, as it now historical data. The feature prevents you from editing important historical details.
It is no rocket science to schedule report in Business Central / NAV. With just a few simple steps, users can easily schedule reports to arrive as and when they need them. Scheduling can be fruitful as it saves time because large reports take time to process.
- To start you can pull up any report in Business Central. Once you verify all the parameters of the report, instead of clicking Print or Preview, you select Send to. Doing so you have the option to send the report to an external format, or you can choose Schedule. Once you do, a scheduling dialogue box appears. This menu allows you to decide what format you want the report to be in (PDF/Jpeg/doc), and then allows you to define parameters for when you want it to run.
- If you require reports on a specific future time, feel free to insert it, but if you want the report to run now, you can type “t” into the Earliest Start Date/Time box and the current date will appear. Then when you click OK, the report will start running in the background, and you will receive a confirmation message.
- The complete report appears in your Report Inbox, which appears on your Role Center in Business Central.